Next release: v0.9.0 - Friday 3 September, 2021
To track our progress, take a look at our roadmap!
Since rolling out Slack notifications last release, we wanted to provide more granular control over the types of notifications that are being sent. This release, we added a few options for controlling which releases you want to send notifications for, along with controlling whether to send updates on success or failure. This can be found in the Settings tab of an application.
We've now added two more latency metrics for your endpoints, and added a tab to the cluster settings page showing those metrics. The metrics that we've added:
- Request Latency (s): this will show the average request latency in seconds for the selected ingress.
- Percentile Response Times (s): this will show the p99, p95, or p50 (99th, 95th, and 50th percentile) response times.
We've made several improvements to the jobs view, including:
- Showing the status of the last run job from the list of jobs
- Added a "Helm Values" tab to the Jobs page for greater control over jobs behavior
- Showing deployment settings for each job
We've now added a Porter Github action to the Github marketplace! This action can be used when building your own CI workflow, and will automatically be used on new deployments when deploying from the Launch tab or the CLI.
We've continued to improve the
porter run behavior, including the following fixes:
- Fix term resizing and improve edge cases when command is exited early -- thanks @joegilley for the PR!
porter runfrom exiting after a few minutes when running a command in an application with health checks enabled.
- Add a
--verboseoption to show detailed events from the pod upon failure
This release, we attempted to make our development environment much easier to set up, including the following changes:
make start-devas a lightweight alternative to
docker-compose, which will use SQLite as the database and will compile the backend/frontend natively.
- Optimizing our webpack builds, reducing our bundle size and removing unused imports
- Fix bug where the GCR action occasionally does not work
- Added error boundaries to the frontend
--registry-urloption to the
porter createcommand, so that users with multiple registries can select a registry via the CLI
- Prevent panics when
porter logsis called without precisely one argument